The Readiness Acceleration & Innovation Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Tacoma, WA. Working to unlock local innovation in the life sciences, RAIN was founded as a collaboration growing from the University of Washington Tacoma, MultiCare Health System, and Madigan Army Medical Center. We provide startups with significant support for ideation, research and development, prototyping, business development, and launch. In addition, the people and City of Tacoma are core partners in our efforts as we work together to create prosperity and well-being in our community.
The Readiness Acceleration and Innovation Network’s goals include:
- the inception, incubation, and spin up of innovative startups that produce sustainable and high paying jobs in Tacoma
- the creation and commercialization of medical and life science technologies that improve the quality of life for citizens and military personnel and enhance readiness at the regional and national level
- the production of network effects through the facilitation of collaborative interactions between regional business, nonprofit, academia, and government entities
- the enrichment of Tacoma’s human resources through experiential learning opportunities and skill development for students
- the promotion of personal and environmental health
- the continued commitment to representing and leveraging the power of the diversity of Tacoma
- the growth of a sustainable source of innovative and economic prosperity for the people of Tacoma
- and the creation of a brighter future for us all.
Thinking many years ahead to what we are working to achieve, we envision our city and region as being a major industrial and commercial player in the Pacific Northwest life science sector with a reputation for being the best in the world at what we do. Through helping to build a local innovation-commercialization pipeline and the prosperity that occurs as a result, RAIN will be inclusive, empowering, and inspiring to our community, friends, and neighbors.