Community Partner: Tacoma Visual Analytics
Visit their Meetup Page HERE
Who We are:
At TAS, our mission is to foster visual understanding and presentation of data to tell stories that matter. Whether your passion is business, arts, science, education, healthcare, economic development or community engagement, telling your story with visual analytic tools like Tableau, Power BI, and Excel can bring power to your message. During our meeting we do things like:
• Learn/teach current visualization tools
• Discover open data sources
• Share storytelling techniques
• Deconstruct data visualizations
Join a MeetUP GROUP
Join us at the Tacoma Visual Analytics Meet-up Group first Wednesdays of the month
5:30 networking, 6-8pm meeting.
This is your opportunity to meet other local Tableau and PowerBI users predicting the future, telling visual stories, and solving problems with the data.
You'll learn about data visualization challenges, data sharing, and story telling to solve problems. You'll practice with industry leading tools: Tableau and Microsoft Power BI. You'll explore and share best practices. Together we'll build a local network of data visualization learners, users & experts.
Venue: RAIN 2304 Jefferson Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
When: First Wednesday of the month
Time: 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
• Networking Half Hour hosted by RAIN
• Welcome & Introduction by Charlotte Lawson
• Speaker TBD - (Contact us if you are interested in presenting!)
• Enterprise Data Visualization Practice Session by Jim Bilbao & Charlotte Lawson
• Join & Build our Local Data Viz Network Today facilitated by Charlotte Lawson
For questions about this event, please contact Jim Bilbao or Charlotte Lawson:
- Jim Bilbao - JimBilbao@TurnoverIntelligence.com
- Charlotte Lawson - Charlotte@InfoStrategyMatters.com
To join the Tacoma Visual Analytics Meetup Group, go to our website https://www.meetup.com/Tacoma-Visual-Analytics/