A core mission of RAIN is to develop Tacoma’s diverse human resources through investing in the life science sector leaders of tomorrow. We currently have projects with university students, as well as local high school, and middle school students. If you are interested in diving into an ongoing project or starting your own...
RAIN offers powerful experiential learning opportunities for university students, undergraduate and above. UW Tacoma students have the potential for class credit and internships in science and business.
Contact Katrina Sells, the RAIN Outreach Coordinator below to learn more.
RAIN supports STEAM learning for high school students in Pierce County and hopes to inspire bright young minds to explore rewarding careers in STEAM entrepreneurship and innovation.
To learn more about student opportunities or our STEAM program, contact Katrina Sells, the RAIN Outreach Coordinator below.
We welcome inquiry on the following:
- Capstone projects
- Student jobs
- Site visits
- Class projects
- Research projects
- Independent study
Current INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Social Media Manager - Help manage RAIN's social media platforms: Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Accounting/Finance - Help with processing, analysis, and reporting.
- Web Developer - Nurture and update website with images, research, student projects, start-up spotlight corner, monthly SoS update, and blog/newsletter. Build out website functionality.
- Graphic Designer - Create engaging materials for RAIN public engagement.
- IT Manager - Help develop an upcoming Hack-a-thon competition at RAIN. Build out facility functionality including IoT.
- Environmental DNA (eDNA) Study - Developing assays for eDNA detection to monitor invasive, rare, or reintroduced species, specifically within habitats on Fort Lewis.
- Environmental Monitoring - Develop a protocol and implement an Environmental Monitoring project for the Port of Tacoma.