Are YOU looking for a SUMMER INTERNSHIP in Science?
Below you’ll find links to help navigate our job site (pnnl.jobs). Apply online if you find an interesting opportunity. Keep in mind we update our job site daily, and our peak job/intern posting timeframe is November-February. When applying online, remember to include all applicable job application requirements (defined by posting) into a single PDF for upload.
National Security Internship Program (NSIP) - https://workbasedlearning.pnnl.gov/default.aspx?topic=National_Security_Internship_Program_(NSIP)
NSIP = National Security Internship Program
Higher Salary than traditional interns/post-graduates
Possible Tuition Reimbursement
Requires: Resume, Unofficial Transcript, & Short Essay (merged into single pdf)
Expiration dates: Example - Expires 2/16 really means 2/15 at 11:59pm
Core Research/Operational Areas:
Computing and Analytics - https://www.pnnl.gov/nationalsecurity/technical/capabilities/computing/
Computer Sci, Cyber, Math, Data Sci, Machine Learn, Virtual, and more!
Operational Systems & Technology - https://www.pnnl.gov/nationalsecurity/technical/capabilities/sei_div/
Policy, Nuclear, Cyber, Electrical, Embedded Systems, and more!
Signatures Science and Technology - https://www.pnnl.gov/nationalsecurity/technical/capabilities/cbps/
Nuclear, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mechanical, and more!
Please share/forward this message with students, staff, and faculty that might interested in the DOE National Lab Opportunities.
About Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) - View
PNNL YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/PNNLgov/playlists
All Jobs - pnnl.jobs
Jobs/Internships by Education Level
· All Undergraduate Internships – View/Apply
o Community College Internship (CCI) Program - View/Apply
o Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) Program* – View/Apply
o Tech Student – National Security Intern Program (NSIP) - View/Apply
· All Masters Internships – View/Apply
o Master Intern - National Security Intern Program (NSIP) - View/Apply
· All PhD Internships - View/Apply
o PhD Intern - National Security Intern Program (NSIP) - View/Apply
· All Post-Bachelor (or within 8 months of grad) - View/Apply
o Post-Bachelors National Security Intern Program (NSIP) - View/Apply
· All Post-Master (or within 8 months of grad) - View/Apply
o Post-Masters National Security Intern Program (NSIP) - View/Apply
· All Post-Doctorate (or within 8 months of grad) - View/Apply
o Linus Pauling Fellowship (Self-Directed) - View/Apply
Jobs/Internships by Academic Discipline
Applied Statistics / Math - View/Apply
Atmospheric/Climate Science - View/Apply
Biology - View/Apply
Building Controls / Engineer - View/Apply
Business / Accounting / Finance / Contracts / HR - View/Apply
Chemical Engineering - View/Apply
Chemistry - View/Apply
Computer Science / Cyber - View/Apply
Data Science / Machine Learning - View/Apply
Ecology/Fisheries – View/Apply
Electrical Engineering - View/Apply
Environmental Engineering / Science - View/Apply
Mechanical Engineering - View/Apply
Modeling / Simulation - View/Apply
Nuclear Engineering - View/Apply
Physics – View/Apply
Policy / International Relations - View/Apply
Power Systems – View/Apply
Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) Program* – View/Apply
· Co-operative Opportunities (Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring)
*Be sure to select PNNL as your #1 Location.
A core mission of RAIN is to develop Tacoma’s diverse human resources through investing in the life science sector leaders of tomorrow. We currently have projects with university students, as well as local high school, and middle school students. Here is a one-pager showing RAIN's educational impact.
If you are interested in diving into an ongoing project or starting your own...
Students working on DNA plasmids during their summer research project.
RAIN student-interns teaching techniques they’ve learned to younger students.
Students practicing their newly learned lab techniques.
RAIN offers powerful experiential learning opportunities for university students, undergraduate and above. UW Tacoma students have the potential for class credit and internships in science and business.
Contact Dr. Judy Nguyen, RAIN Head Scientist, or fill in the form below to learn more.
RAIN supports STEAM learning for high school students in Pierce County and hopes to inspire bright young minds to explore rewarding careers in STEAM entrepreneurship and innovation.
To learn more about student opportunities or our STEAM program, contact Mandy Galuszka, the RAIN Education Coordinator or fill in the form below.
We welcome inquiry on the following:
Current INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Social Media Manager - Help manage RAIN's social media platforms: Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Accounting/Finance - Help with processing, analysis, and reporting.
- Web Developer - Nurture and update website with images, research, student projects, start-up spotlight corner, monthly SoS update, and blog/newsletter. Build out website functionality.
- Graphic Designer - Create engaging materials for RAIN public engagement.
- IT Manager - Help develop an upcoming Hack-a-thon competition at RAIN. Build out facility functionality including IoT.
- Environmental DNA (eDNA) Study - Developing assays for eDNA detection to monitor invasive, rare, or reintroduced species, specifically within habitats on Fort Lewis.
- Environmental Monitoring - Develop a protocol and implement an Environmental Monitoring project for the Port of Tacoma.